To join AACOG, please fill out a membership application and submit the appropriate dues. Governmental units will also need to provide a copy of the minutes or resolution whereby action was taken to join AACOG and the bylaws and articles of incorporation that were duly adopted by the government jurisdiction.
Membership in AACOG is open to all governmental units in the 13-county Alamo area planning region. A governmental unit is any county, city, town, village, authority, district, or other political subdivision of the State of Texas. Associate membership is open to all for-profit and nonprofit agencies/companies (non-governmental) interested in regionalism. Initial membership lasts one full year. We will send you information each year regarding annual renewal.
For general-purpose governments, dues are seven cents per capita, based on census data. A fee of $600 ($50 a month) has been established for other types of governments and associate members. Dues are used as local funds in matching federal and state planning grants.
Benefits of Membership
Through your participation, AACOG's responsibility as a regional clearinghouse to review and comment on applications submitted for public funding allows for greater accountability and a more effective coordination of critical services.
Your participation provides for better intergovernmental cooperation and a more efficient response in key areas that include assistance for senior citizens, veterans, and individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities; criminal justice; economic and community development; emergency preparedness; homeland security, 9-1-1, natural resources, resource recovery, transportation, workforce development, and weatherization.
AACOG membership benefits include:
- Free news and calendar flashes distributed via email (Available to all -- Sign up now)
- Free member listing in our online membership directory.
- Free publicity of your organization's events on our website. (Members can submit events to our community calendar for distribution/posting via the website (submit general news items to firstname.lastname@example.org). Events should be not-for-profit, open to the public, and of interest to our readership, and will be distributed at the discretion of our Public Relations Department.
- Member Employment Page found below
- AACOG social media links to member social media pages (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn)
- AACOG staff is available to provide presentations regarding AACOG's various programs and services to your organization upon request. We also have staff available to man tables at health fairs, back-to-school fairs, etc., schedule permitting. Contact email@example.com to request AACOG participation at your event.
- A variety of training workshops are offered throughout the year.
- Invitation to AACOG Annual Meeting in December.
For more information on becoming an AACOG member, contact AACOG Public Relations at (210) 362-5203. Become a Member Today!
Member Employment Pages
- Bexar County Boerne
- ISD City of Bandera
- City of Boerne
- City of Castroville
- City of Converse
- City of Fair Oaks
- RanchCity of Kirby
- City of Leon Valley
- City of Live Oak
- City of New Braunfels
- City of San Antonio
- City of Schertz
- City of Seguin
- City of Shavano Park
- CPS Energy Comal County
- Dilley ISD
- Floresville ISD
- Fredericksburg ISD
- Guadalupe-Blanco River Authority
- Kerr County Kerrville ISD
- North East ISD Northside ISD
- Pearsall ISD
- Pinnacle Propane
- San Antonio-Bexar County MPO
- San Antonio River Authority
- San Antonio Water System
- Southwest ISD
- University Health System
- VIA Metropolitan Transit
- Wilson County
Other Employment Opportunities: