AACOG has a long tradition of supporting our Veteran population. And, with over 255,000 Veterans currently in the 13-county Alamo region, it is important that we do it right.
We have highly-trained staff in the Alamo Service Connection (ASC) ready to answer your questions and help you find resources in both government and community service agencies that are ready and willing to assist you in honor of your sacrifices and service to our great nation.
We also have a Veteran Services Coordinator on staff for more complex issues and concerns.
Some of the services we can assist you with are:
- Access and understanding your VA, TRICARE & MEDICARE healthcare benefits
- Locating specialized resources through the over 250 community partners working to help Veterans and their Families in our region
- Provide assistance with transportation needs through our Texas Veterans Commission grant-funded grant program and other community transportation services
- Educate community leaders, Veterans groups, or private company on ways you can easily support Veterans and their Families
- Develop & facilitate training events that are not only informative, but educational and directly applicable to your everyday lives in Military City USA
Alamo Service Connection
Through the (ASC), our expansion of Veteran Services has included over 275 different resources for Veterans and their Families available online, anytime, through our Network of Care database. This information is easily accessible by clicking on www.askasc.org and using the keyword "Veteran" when looking for a topic (ex. Veteran housing).
The ASC can also help with their extensive database of useful resources, and one-on-one assistance with such programs as Medicare, Social Security, legal aid, housing assistance, home repairs, residential support services, assistance with emergency household expenses, and access to transportation services available in our region.