Diane Rath has served as Executive Director of AACOG since December 2014. In this capacity, she oversees 300 employees in 11 program areas with a budget of over $60 million. During her tenure, AACOG has been recognized with national awards from NADO and NARC recognizing both Innovation and Transportation Partnerships.
Before joining AACOG, Ms. Rath served as Senior Vice President at ResCare Workforce Services, with oversight responsibility for operations in over 300 locations in 28 states with 2200 employees and a budget of $230 million.
In 1996, then Governor George W. Bush appointed her as Chair and Commissioner for the Texas Workforce Commission, where she served until 2008. During her tenure, she oversaw the consolidation of 28 programs from 10 different state agencies to form a $1.2 billion agency with responsibility for services involving federal programs from the U.S Department of Labor, Health and Human Services, and two other federal agencies. In 2007, Rath was nominated by President George W. Bush as Assistant Secretary of Administration for Children and Families at U.S. Health and Human Services. During this time she became recognized as a national leader in workforce development, forging partnerships with economic development and educational entities to meet the workforce needs of Texas businesses.
A physical therapist by background, Ms. Rath attended TCU, and graduated from UTMB-Galveston.
She is active in the San Antonio community and currently serves (or served) on numerous boards and committees which include
- Association of Defense Communities Board of Directors, 2020-2023
- National Association of Regional Councils, Executive Director Council, 2017-2021
- Frost Bank- San Antonio, Advisory Board Member, 2003-present
- Texas Conservative Coalition Research Institute, Board Member, 2003-present
- Valero Alamo Bowl, Board Member, 1994-present, Chair 2002
- San Antonio Airport Advisory Commission, 2015 – 2021
- Lone Star Rail District Board, 2015-2018
- San Antonio Mobility Coalition (SAMCo) Board Member, 2015 – present, Treasurer 2016-2020
- American Public Human Services Association Policy Council, 2007-2008
- Texas Public Education Reform Foundation, Board Member, 2006-2010
- Bexar County United Way, Board Member 1998-2004
- Greater San Antonio Chamber of Commerce, Board of Directors 1993-96, Vice-Chair 1993
- JPMorganChase - San Antonio, Advisory Board Member, 1992-2003
- Texas Council on Workforce & Economic Competitiveness, 1995-2003, Chair 1995-1996
- Texas Department of Commerce, Board Member 1995-1996
- San Antonio Development Agency, Vice Chair, 1990-94
- San Antonio Water System Board, Vice-Chair 1992-94
- Texas Rehabilitation Commission, Board Member 1989-1992
- Texas Board of Physical Therapy Examiners, 1981-1983
Ms. Rath has received several awards including
LULAC, Distinguished Texan, 2005
NAWDP, System Building Award, 2006
Distinguished Alumna, SAHS-UTMB 2008
NASWA President’s Award, 2008
TARC Regional Unity Award, 2018
San Antonio Business Journal 2019 Women’s Leadership Award