Free Rides for Veterans Every Day!
Alamo Call-a-Ride 4 Vets serves Veterans and Spouses!
Transportation can be a challenging barrier for many in accessing benefits and services in the Alamo region. In support of mobility option for our community, AACOG has partnered with the Texas Veterans Commission to provide free rides to Veterans and their immediate family members.
- The program is at NO COST to the Veteran or family members and available to persons of any age and income level.
- Rides can be provided for a variety of purposes – medical appointments, VA appointments, social activities, family activities, etc.
- Veterans, family members (spouses, children under 18, adult dependent children), and Surviving Spouses (widows/widowers) are all eligible for services.
- Even if a Veteran is not in need of ride assistance presently, if they rely on others for transportation they may wish to register NOW for the program in the case of their normal ride falling through.
- The program serves Veteran clients in the 13-county AACOG region: Atascosa, Bandera, Bexar, Comal, Frio, Gillespie, Guadalupe, Karnes, Kendall, Kerr, McMullen, Medina, and Wilson.
- The program operates Monday through Friday, 8 AM – 5 PM (excluding holidays). No ride requests can be accepted after-hours. Five to seven days is requested if possible for scheduling rides.
To register for the program, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org, or call: Toll-free (800) 960-5201. For more information, visit www.aacog.com/carv
This program is supported by a grant from the Texas Veterans Commission Fund for Veteran’s Assistance (FVA). The FVA provides grants to organizations serving veterans and their families.”