Alamo Area Agency on Aging
AACOG's Alamo Area Agency on Aging (AAAA) serves 12 rural counties - Atascosa, Bandera, Comal, Frio, Gillespie, Guadalupe, Karnes, Kendall, Kerr, McMullen, Medina, and Wilson. If you reside in Bexar County, please visit AACOG's Bexar Area Agency on Aging.
Goals & Services
The agency is dedicated to building a community that supports older residents and allows them to age in place with dignity, security, and enhanced quality of life. The range of services provided includes congregate meals, home-delivered meals, benefits counseling, care coordination, legal assistance, nutrition and counseling and training, caregiver support, and transportation services.
- Benefits Counseling - Provides assistance to seniors 60 years of age and older and Medicare beneficiaries of any age concerning their public benefits and entitlements.
- Care Coordination - Assesses the needs of people 60 years of age and older and then coordinates local resources to support an individual's highest level of functioning.
- Caregiver Support - Assesses needs of caregivers and then coordinates available support services.
- Information, Referral, and Assistance - Provides information and assistance to callers to identify and link with the appropriate service agencies.
- Nutrition - Serves nourishing meals on site and/or delivered to home-bound seniors.
- Ombudsman - Advocates for residents of long-term care communities (nursing homes and assisted living communities).
- Senior Centers - Local neighborhood facilities providing organization and provision of support services and recreational and group activities for the older person.
- Transportation - Offers door-to-door trips to nutrition sites, local medical services, and social service agency appointments.